- 21st century literacy tests: Disabled barred from voting in Los Angeles
- Controller Recount Day 5: John Perez gains 5 votes overall as recount heads to San Bernardino
- Controller 2014: 7 reasons why John Perez should quit while he’s behind
- Controller Recount Day 2: John Perez can’t win at current rate
- Controller 2014: Democrats rally behind Yee as Perez LOSES 1 vote
- Kashkari criticizes Brown’s sweetheart deal for out-of-state corporation
- Controller 2014: Partial recount slanted in Perez’s favor
All posts tagged "leland yee"
- Senator Steve Knight’s flight fib on why he missed Ethics Day
How bad are Sacramento’s ethics? Bad. Missing ethics training and then lying about it– bad. In response to three State Senators facing criminal charges ranging from public corruption to weapons trafficking, the California State Senate hosted a two-hour ethics training...
- Posted April 29, 2014
- Sacramento Press Club excludes Green Party candidate from Secretary of State debate
The Sacramento Press Club, a non-profit association of Capitol journalists and public relations professionals, is excluding the Green Party candidate from its upcoming Secretary of State debate. David Curtis, the Green Party of California’s choice to serve...
- Posted April 20, 2014
- State Senate postpones committee hearings, schedules ethics training for April 23
The California State Senate will postpone all committee hearings scheduled for April 23 and in its place host an all-day ethics discussion and training session. In a Wednesday afternoon email, Kathy Dresslar, Senate President Pro Tem Darrell...
- Posted April 10, 2014
- Was Senate GOP caucus involved in website removals?
Was the Republican Caucus involved in the California State Senate’s decision to delete the websites and online archives of three Senators that face criminal charges? The Senate Republican Caucus won’t say. A spokesman for the GOP caucus declined...
- Posted April 8, 2014
- California State Senate deletes website, online archives of 3 disgraced Democrats
Like a criminal wiping down a crime scene, the California State Senate has scrubbed its website and deleted the online archives of three Democratic state Senators that face criminal charges ranging from weapons trafficking to public corruption....
- Posted April 6, 2014
- None of State Senator Leland Yee’s gun control bills have ever been signed into law
Was alleged gun-runner and gun control advocate Leland Yee all talk? Before you answer, here’s a surprising fact: the San Francisco Democrat, who has been called one of California’s leading gun control advocates, has never successfully authored...
- Posted April 3, 2014
- Senate Democrats keep cash, replace Pro Tem Cup with personal calls to donors
Senate Democrats, who canceled a luxurious annual fundraising event, are keeping the campaign cash and have promised to personally call each of the event sponsors. Senate President Pro Tem Darrell Steinberg and incoming Pro Tem Kevin de...
- Posted April 2, 2014
- Sen. Joel Anderson alone in call for State Senate to expel 3 disgraced Democrats
A lone Republican lawmaker is calling on the California State Senate to expel three of its Democratic members that are facing criminal charges. State Senator Joel Anderson, R-Alpine, the lone dissenter in Friday’s vote to suspend with pay...
- Posted March 30, 2014
- CA State Senate Scandals: No Special Elections to Fill 2 Vacancies — If They Occur
The California Senate has voted to suspend with pay three of its members, who have been accused of criminal charges ranging from weapons trafficking to public corruption. In defense of the Friday morning vote to suspend and...
- Posted March 28, 2014
- 10 Quotes from FBI Case against Uncle Leland Yee, CA’s Anti-Gun, Gun-Runner
This week, a prominent San Francisco Democrat, who has been one of the state’s leading proponents of gun control, was arraigned in federal court on charges of working with Chinatown gangsters and brokering arms deals with a...
- Posted March 28, 2014